Paras's IB Psychology

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My First Memory

Firstly Mr. Anthony told us to be recall back to our first memory that we remembered. My first memory is while I was in nursery school and I was in the class room playing with some small bricks and making airplanes. I think I was about 5-6 years old at this time. We put up all the memories of all the class members and figured the mean average age of when people have their first memory which was around 3-4 years of age. Half of the memories were positive and the other halves were negative memories. This shows that our first memories have an emotional attachment to them. There were some students in calls how said their first memory was at the age of one or two. This is very unlikely because our brains were not fully neurogically developed by then. Our memories are also reconstructed by various elements; this is because our memories are usually malleable. Our view point of our memories is a picture of us looking back at ourselves in an omnipotent way. However our memory then was not in that picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home